- Meet other interesting women
- Empower women to celebrate wine and enjoy themselves
- Learn something new every day
10 Things About Me:
1. You can invite 10 people to dinner to discuss a topic important to you, who do you invite, what do you talk about and what wine do you serve? Since I love food, and entertaining, and anything that goes with it, I would invite food people that seem like they enjoy what they do. Mark Bittman, David Leibovitz, Ina Garten come to mind. And my mom, of course, who instilled in me my love of food and wine. We would talk about food and wine, and the amazing homegrown revolution in that world. I would serve something bubbly to start the conversation flowing.
2. Best advice you received in your career you wish every woman knew? Work really hard and people will notice. And don't be afraid to ask questions.
3. One thing you would really like to know about wine but were afraid to admit you didn’t know? There is a lot I don't know about wine, but I am not afraid to ask (see #2 answer).
4. What is the one secret weapon you have in the kitchen? Microplane grater - it makes zesting and cheese grating much easier.
5. What woman inspires you ... What would you most like to say to her? What would you most like to ask her? I wish Julia Child was alive - I would love to sit down to a great meal and hear her stories.
6. One chef, one restaurant, one meal.... name your favorites? I don't know know the chef, but a meal I think about often was in the tiny village of Portofino, Italy ten years ago, with my mother and two friends. Beautiful fish, delicious ravioli with nutmeg sauce, stupendous house wine in a little carafe. A small italian dog at our feet, with the sun setting. Unforgettable.
7. What makes a wine special to you? It is an opportunity to celebrate with friends.
8. Which talent would you most like to have? Play the trumpet.
9. What is your favorite wine and where did you drink it? I have so many I love but I am partial to anything sparkling. It makes people feel festive!
10. When do you open a fine wine? Whenever I can. There is nothing better than sharing a nice wine with friends and family.